Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Frustrations of trying to stay on track

I freely admit that I give myself permission to splurge on my diet once in a while. I always make sure that that splurge does not include excessive carbohydrates since I do have diabetes. One of my spurges is an occassional hamburger; however, I do know that if I eat a hamburger and french fries my blood sugar will suffer. I, therefore, will order my hamburger either alone, with a yogurt, or if I go to Sonic with a small $1 tator tot.

Now I am highly motivated to control my blood sugar, so I'm persistent when I make my order, but here is how the conversation usually goes. Me: I'd like a cheeseburger, $1 tator tots, and a Diet Coke. Sonic employee: Can we make that a #1 for you so we can give you a discount? Me: no, thanks Sonic: but mam it's cheaper. Me: yes, I know, no thanks. Sonic: but mam, it's $1.50 cheaper. Me: yes, I know, no thanks. Silence.... Sonic: Okay that's a cheeseburger, large tator tot and a diet coke. Me: NO, I do not want the large tator tots I want the one dollar tots. Long silence....... okay your total is $....

So as I encourage people to order the appropriate size to not overeat I know you have to be really motivated and sometimes beligerent to get the size you want. I understand that everywhere you go they will ask you if you want to upsize, but isn't there a point where this becomes harrassment instead of customer service?

No comments:

Post a Comment